Rosacea is perhaps one of the most difficult skin complaints to treat. This does not mean that it is impossible though. There are a variety of different methods that you can try. Some you could obtain from your doctor (something which you have most likely done already). In my opinion however, the most effective home remedies for rosacea are those that are completely natural. This is why that on this page I want to take a little look at how to treat rosacea naturally.
Before we dive into the modern treatments though, why should we treat the problem naturally? Well, simple. As you may know, rosacea is a skin problem that is VERY sensitive. This means that it can flare up quite easily.
If you have visited the doctor then you may find that you need to get through a number of different rosacea medications before you find the right one for you. Even then, the condition can become a little bit temperamental in the future. This could mean that something that worked in the past properly may no longer work. This is why I always suggest that people use all natural home remedies for rosacea. Not only are they ‘soothing’ for your skin, but they are less likely to cause flare-ups.
Perhaps one of the best remedies involves applying absolutely nothing to your skin. In fact, for most people searching for how to treat rosacea naturally this is going to be the only tip that you need. This is to have a proper diet. Bear the following tips in mind and you will find that the condition improves drastically:
Foods to Eat and to Avoid When Treating Rosacea, Please pay attention:
- Kiss goodbye to foods that are packed to the brim with trans fats and sugar. These are not going to help at all. You may also benefit from eradicating peanuts, dairy and gluten as well. If you are prone to rosacea, you should consider cutting out chocolate, spicy food, corn, trans fats, sugar, products containing high-fructose corn syrup and alcohol, these are common triggers.
- It is very important to get plenty of water daily so that your body stays hydrated
- Eat whole grains and dark leafy vegetables. Both of these contain Vitamin B which can reduce inflammation considerably. B vitamins have anti-inflammatory properties so eat plenty of dark leafy greens, almonds and whole grains. Antioxidant bioflavonoids help to make your veins and arteries stronger, keeping them from dilating as easily and you can get these by eating onions, kale, broccoli, spinach, cherries, beets, apples, prunes, blueberries, zucchini, grapes, blackberries, and pomegranates.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. It does matter what you eat, just eat them!
- If you like Fish, then eat some oily fish. The Omega-3 is going to help a lot. Omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in sardines, halibut and salmon, are good for your skin healthy. Eat three servings of these every week. If you are do not eat fish, or do not eat these particular fish, you can take fish oil supplements. Flaxseed oil is another way to get these fatty acids, which are the good types of fats; take 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil two or three times daily.
- Zinc – It is recommended that you take 25 mg twice a day, always with a meal.
- Cat’s Claw – Rosacea can be triggered by food sensitivities and cat’s claw can help prevent these sensitivities; take this three times a day but only if you are not pregnant, nursing or taking blood thinners.
- Red Clover – Take twice daily to help reduce irritation and redness of the skin.
- Grape seed extract – This anti-inflammatory is also an antioxidant and will help with the formation of collagen, which is necessary for healthy skin; take 50 mg three times daily.
- Gotu Kola – When taken three times daily, this will help enhance your skin’s natural healing ability.
- Licorice extract – Another anti-inflammatory which will help reduce redness and swelling of the skin and capillaries.
100% Natural Home Remedies for Rosacea Which People Found Very Effective
Now, I want to take a little look at a number of solutions which people have found incredibly effective when they are searching for information on how to treat rosacea naturally. I suggest that you focus on one treatment method at a time. That way you can work out what works best for you:
This is perhaps the best one on this list. For this you are going to need to stick some chamomile oil in the fridge. Whenever you are suffering from a flare-up you can pull it out.
You then need to dab a cloth in it and touch the areas that are giving you trouble. This will reduce the redness pretty quickly, and if you are suffering from pain as well you will feel a sense of relief.
This involves using cucumber. To use this you want to blend it up. You then use it exactly like a facial mask. Leave it on for thirty minutes and then wash it off. The problem should ease within a month or so.
This is pretty much the same as a cucumber mask. You will want to use your apple mask at least once a day.
This involves mixing up four teaspoons of coriander, two tablespoons of milk and two teaspoons of turmeric. You will then want to use this paste as a facial mask twice a day. You will only want to leave this on for around 10 minutes at a time.
If you can get horse chestnut in cream form from your local health food store then I suggest that you pick it up. Do not use horse chestnut any other way. If you do, it may actually make the problem a lot worse!
Tea Tree Oil
This is one of my favourite home remedies for rosacea, mainly because it is going to help you out with a lot of things in addition to your rosacea. The reason why tea tree oil works so well is because it is anti-inflammatory. It is also antiseptic. This means that it can kill the bacteria which causes the rosacea flare-ups with ease.
This solution is not one of the most effective out there. You may want to use it combination with something else. With this treatment you are going to want to boil your kettle. Stick a green tea bag inside of a mug. Pour the water over and then leave it to cool. (take the tea bag out, it will be quicker!). Once the tea bag is cool, lightly rub it over the affected areas of your skin.
This is another product which works incredibly well for a number of ailments. You will want to pick up Aloe Vera extract. You can either ingest it or use it topically. Read the instructions on the bottle to find out how to use that particular concentration.
If you have oatmeal, mix it up with some water and rub on the face. You will be surprised at how quickly it is able to eliminate all of that itching and redness. Oatmeal is very soothing to the skin. Not only will oatmeal gently cleanse the skin but it will help to keep the skin moisturized while providing relief for itching, irritation and even inflammation. Start with 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and add enough water to form a paste and then rub the paste onto your skin where the rosacea is.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is used a lot in skin conditions. You can apply it directly to your skin. Some people drink it too, but you may find it difficult to stomach. Mix two tablespoons with cold water and drink once per day or mix two tablespoons with honey and hot water for a slightly sweeter drink.
Chamomile tea compress
Teas are often used as soothing natural home remedies for rosacea. Chamomile makes an excellent tea that is known for its calming properties but it can be used as a cold compress for relief from rosacea as well. You can buy chamomile tea bags at nearly any grocery store. Take three cups of boiling water and steep five to six chamomile tea bags in the water for ten-fifteen minutes; remove the tea bags and refrigerate the tea. When you need relief, use a clean, soft cotton cloth and dip in the chilled tea and then apply to your skin.
Rose hip oil, Lavender oil, Camphor oil
In addition to teas, there are a few oils that are excellent home remedies for rosacea. As we said above, Tea tree oil is an anti-inflammatory with antiseptic properties. Use a little bit on a cotton ball and apply to the affected area. Rose hip oil can also be used daily on the affected area. It also helps with blisters, sunburns and scars.
Lavender oil is another soothing natural remedy for rosacea but it can trigger a problem if you are allergic, always use a small amount on your skin the first time you try it to see if you will have a problem using it or not. If it does not cause redness and irritation then you can use a cotton ball to apply lavender oil daily to the affected parts of your skin.
Camphor oil is also good for rosacea because it is an antimicrobial and analgesic and is easily absorbed through the skin. A small amount of camphor oil to the affected area is all that is needed, once daily.
The Unique and Probably the Best How to Treat Rosacea Naturally Method
This is not a conventional treatment and a rather different take on how to treat rosacea. It has been observed that rosacea is a larger problem among people of European descent. That doesn’t imply that other ethnicities do not suffer from this skin condition.
Now, Rosacea Free Forever solution offers natural and safe way to rosacea treatment. Rosacea Free Forever is a guidebook that recommends changes in lifestyle and diets which can treat and prevent rosacea. It has been widely noted that rosacea is triggered by various lifestyle and environmental factors and by countering those one can control rosacea permanently.
Rosacea Free Forever highlights the amino acids, void of which trigger rosacea and several other lesser known facts. While most other rosacea medications target the symptoms, it is only Laser & Intense Pulsed Light treatments and Rosacea Free Forever that target the root cause of the skin condition. While the former is a cosmetic procedure that has the potential to cost you a fortune, the latter offers an inexpensive solution to how to treat rosacea, Click Here to visit Rosacea Free Forever official website.
As you can see, there are a number of home remedies for rosacea that you can use if you are learning how to treat rosacea naturally. I seriously do suggest that you try out some of these methods before you head to your doctor. You will find that in most cases you will be able to clear up the condition, or at least bring it under control, without using anything that is medicated. This is of course going to be fantastic for your skin!
Please feel free to leave any feedback, comments or suggestions.